Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Introductions

Hi!  I'm still figuring out how blogger works, so initially this could be ugly.  I've been wanting to chronicle my derby endeavors outside of my own paper journals and in greater detail than "Today my feet are sore and I've got a huge bruise on my butt," which is pretty much all I've written so far amidst other projects and the hectic day-to-day of life.  See, I'm a grad student.  I moved to Charlotte this past August to start an M.A. in religious studies, and in between reading for class, conducting research, going to conferences, taking care of a house, and remembering to feed my cat, I'm a busy girl.  Joining a roller derby league--and potentially over-committing myself and risking injury to boot--was never an advisable undertaking, especially for someone who had never skated before.  To date, however, this has been one of the best ill-advised decisions I've ever made.

In following posts, I'll tell you more about myself, write about our practices and bouts, do some derby-related philosophizing, and document my bruises in more detail than necessary.

It's a party.  And you're invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment